Thinking human resources in a circular way
POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ-PLS and the European consortium of Circular HRM are pleased to invite you to a seminar-lunch on the principles of circular economy applied to human resources management (HRM). The seminar will be held Wednesday 2 March 2022 from 9:00 to 12:45 in Brussels (with a networking lunch untill 14:00).
Extract, make, use, throw… you all know these practices of the linear economy. Unfortunately, those are also in use in human resource management (HRM) as applied nowadays. On the contrary, circular economy, which constitutes one of the levers of the European Green Deal, the sustainable growth programme of the European Union aiming to limit the waste of resources and rather promoting their sober and efficient management. These principles can also be applied to HRM towards a more sustainable management of people at work.
These issues are at the heart of the Circular HRM project, funded by the European Union's Erasmus+ programme, which aims to introduce and promote a circular model of human resource management.
HRM professionals and decision-makers: don't miss this event!
9.00 - 9.30 : Arrival of participants
9.30 - 9.45: Welcome words
- Denis Stokkink, President, POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ-PLS
9.45 - 10.15 : Thinking about human resources in a circular way
- Emmanuel Mossay, Expert in circular economy, Lecturer at Louvain School of Management
10.15 - 10.30 : Interventions from the guests
10.30 - 11.00 : Presentation of the seven principles of a "Circular HRM"
- Salima Chitalia, Project Manager, POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ-PLS
- Dr Paul Flynn, Researcher in Education, University of NUIG Galeway (Ireland)
11.00 - 11.15: Presentation of the e-learning platform
11.15 - 11.30 : Coffee break
11.30 - 12.30 : Panel debate: Has the Covid-19 pandemic accelerated the need for circular HRM practices to be implemented?
12.30 - 12.45 : Conclusion
12.45 - 14.00 : Networking lunch
- Date : Wednesday 2 March 2022 from 9:00 to 12:45 (seminar followed by networking lunch from 12:45 to 14:00).
- Lieu : Auditorium BEL Brussels
- Free registration: by completing this forms (registrations open until 28 February 2022).
- Languages of the event: French and English (simultaneous interpretation)
- Covid-19 measures: Limited capacity, seated event, with compulsory mask wearing.
- Contact : Salima Chitalia (email@example.com)
Circular HRM is cofinanced by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union and coordinated by PLS.
Project Circular HRM
Publication : Model for Circular Human Resource Management