Circular HRM: Aligning circular economy with human resources management
The Circular HRM project - Improving circular skills and jobs through training in human resources management, aims to develop training modules so that the management of companies' human resources integrates the principles of the circular economy into its approach. POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ-PLS is the leader of this innovative project, co-financed by the Erasmus+ programme and supported by a partnership of 7 European organisations.
The Circular HRM project is the result of an observation: in 2019, the European Commission declared that all 54 measures of its action plan for a circular economy - adopted in 2015 - had been implemented or were in the process of being implemented. The circular economy aims to create loops of positive values by increasing the efficiency of resource use at each stage of the product life cycle while reducing its environmental impact and developing people's well-being.
When we speak about a circular economy, we are referring to a whole series of concepts and practices related to the reduction of the use of natural capital (our resources), to the optimization of physical and technical capital (eco-design, industrial ecology, recycling, etc.) but we never speak of what this implies in terms of human capital. Human resource" or "human capital" represents a person's skills, talents, qualifications, experiences. This capital is one of the pillars of the way companies operate. It is therefore unimaginable that the transition towards a circular economy would not be complete without a new approach to human resources management.
This is the objective of this ambitious project, which aims to develop training modules for different target groups within the company, mainly HR managers, managers and employees. The very innovative aspect of this project has pushed the partnership to focus first of all on a specific industrial sector; eco-companies. These companies will be more likely to be familiar with the principles of the circular economy and that is why the Circular HRM project first wants to test and develop these training modules with this sector, before being able to offer them to all types of companies
The objectives of the Circular HRM project:
- Identify companies that have already implemented HR practices that could be defined as circular practices.
- Develop two training modules for different groups within the company.
- Develop an e-learning system.
- Supporting pilot companies in their workplaces.
- Propose recommendations for eco-companies to promote the practice of circular measures in HRM.
- Provide public authorities with proposals to support this transition to a circular economy.
The partnership :
- POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ-PLS : Coordinateur (Belgium)
- HR Square (Belgium)
- Fundacion Equipo Humano (Spain)
- Aris Formazione e Ricerca (Italy)
- Center for Knowledge Management (North Republic of Macedonia)
- SGS (Spain)
- Kaunas Science and Technology Park (Lithuania)
- National University of Ireland - Galway (Ireland)
Suivez le projet !
Follow us on our LinkedIn Page and on Twitter with the hashtag #CircularHRM